ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 12:57 PM   #694
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

425-2
Hasbro- GI Joe Sigma Six: Cobra Commander

I’m continuing to review each episode of the short lived G.I. Joe Renegades show; see review 275-2, 302-2, 330-2, 357-2, 384-2, 398-2 & 413for previous thoughts.

EP08: Busted

Basic Premise (from Wikipedia): Duke is wrongfully imprisoned when he gets caught up in a chop shop while looking for a replacement part for their vehicle. The rest of G.I. Joe must break him out of prison by having Roadblock get arrested. They soon discover that the prison warden is making prisoners fight each other for his amusement. Now the Joes must get Duke and Roadblock out and expose the illegal activities in the prison.

Thoughts: A decent filler episode with some fun moments that continues to build the Joes up as freedom fighters rather than outlaws. I am getting a bit tired of the cat and mouse game between the team and Flint and hope that very soon he either comes around to their plight, or just catches them. Nice to see a short appearance by Law and Order, the MP team from the GI Joe Movie.

Pros: Only after I placed this Cobra Commander on the shelf did I notice this was basically a repaint of the initial Sigma Six Cobra Commander release. Not that I mind though, as he seems a lot different what with all different accessories and a different helmet. I realize that I have just reduced my collecting habits to that of a Simpsons episode (Malibu Stacy with a new hat) but what are you going to do? At any rate, I’m a big fan of anything Sigma Six, so predictably I am a fan of this figure. He’s got a great sculpt with cloth cape, featured in a different color than we are used to seeing, a decent amount of articulation for the time and a bunch of really unique accessories: A hand gun that can be stored on his belt, a forearm flame shield thing, an axe/staff with flames coming out of the ends and finally a flame bazooka with 2 different spring loaded flame missiles and a little insert power source. I’m still absolutely tickled that all of this stuff was sold for $24.99; unreal.

Cons: Unfortunately his new helmet does not fit on his head very well.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping