ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 05:33 PM   #700
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

020-R
Bandai- Final Fantasy IX: Vivi Ornitier
Approx release date: 2000
Current price and availability: $72.99 (for the 2 pack)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254230331802

I honestly had no idea that this little Black Mage’s name was Vivi, given that I probably gave him some random name when I played the game, but I digress, Vivi is an absolutely satisfactory name when it comes to the world of Final Fantasy; and what a world it is. Like many others, I was a big fan of the series and remember playing the original Final Fantasy with my brother on his litle 14” TV for hours on end. Sure I likely did more watching than actually playing, but I still remember it fondly. Fast forward to my late teens and early twenties the series again had a big impact with the massively popular Final Fantasy 7 (which I was able to complete), the revolutionary Final Fantasy 8 (which I spent hours on) and the enjoyable Final Fantasy 9 (I played quite a bit, but didn’t have the time given that my son was born, I was working full time, and going to University full time). I eventually picked up Final Fantasy 10 (on PS2), Final Fantasy Tactics (on the Nintendo GameCube) and Final Fantasy IV (on the Nintendo DS) with only really coming close to finishing FF IV given the ability to play anywhere. Unfortunately it’s been a few years since I have played Video Games, opting to spend my free time with these reviews and I’m still a big fan of the series, but I couldn't even tell you what the latest FF game is. I’m not sure that really matters though given that the nature of these turn based RPGs have a somewhat timeless quality to them and could easily be picked up on any device for literally hours of enjoyment. I picked Vivi out all my FF figures to showcase as he has been my favorite since the original series and still like his design.

Pros: Great representation of the now iconic little Mage and comes with his little magic staff and a stand.

Cons: Scale wise I would have liked a larger figure with improved articulation and pose-ability. It would have also been cool if they included some magic effects .

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping