ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 01:31 PM   #111
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
No London drugs in my area. My cap figure has spent a few nights in the freezer trying to tighten up the elbows, does the trick but its not going to last forever. I was pretty excited for the retro wave but after watching some reviews I'm starting to regret pre ordering some of them...iron man especially, they put the right boots on him but his feet has no ankle pivot and that's some Mattel level BS.
That is really unfortunate to hear about the Classic figure line. Hasbro could have done something neat, but instead filled it with repainted figures and rely on nostalgia to sell it for more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjjr View Post
My Onslaught wave Cap has gummy elbows as well. Seems like this is a problem with some of these ML figures. My Hulkbuster wave Vision and Groot wave Nova figures also have really gummy elbows, Nova especially.
I suppose time will tell how they hold up in the long run and not going to cause a Beast Wars Transmetals Megateon issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjjr View Post
I think you're being a bit tough on this figure. I can see how you might be disappointed with it, but the articulation isn't 2003. It has basically the same scheme as a regular DC Universe Classics/Multiverse figure, except that instead of a swivel above the knee there is a swivel at the shins (which is a bit strange). Granted, some people might be tired of the standard DCUC body by now.
Personally, I like it, but I looked at it as a one-off figure that I wouldn't be integrating in with the rest of my DCUC figures, since it is larger. I expected the articulation to be hindered by the armor and size of the figure.
I have to agree about the gun, though. It is too small and it points off at a weird angle downward when held in the hand. That alone would probably be enough for some people to not buy the figure. The Hasbro ML Fantomex/Protector figures have the same irritating problem.
You are right, this figure is not that bad, but still not worth the $30. My issue is more with Mattel and their apparent inability or indifference to making a quality produce that is able to compete with Hasbro. DC and their fans deserve better in my opinion. I'm also made that I have not been able to find the new Batgirl, so there is that.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping