Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #662
ambasah
Cobra Trooper
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Who knows? Could be a little from colum A and little from colum B?

From a personal outlook I see no reason why TRU, Walmart or any other big box store in Canada would turn down setting up a PO for these exclusives. The line is obviously selling well because as soon as a new wave hits the shelves they are bought up within what seems like a 24 hour window.

If TRU internationally (ie China) can sell Kmart, Target, Entertainment Earth etc exclusives, why should we be denied retail access to these figures when these stores have no presence in this country?

For example Hasbro has given exclusive rights to retail stores such as Walgreens and Kmart, both of which to my knowledge have ZERO retail operations outside of the United States, so why not approach a Canadian retailer like Loblaws and offer to make exclusives available to their sister companies (examples: Shoppers Drugmart, Real Canadian Super Store)? I know an agreement has to be reached between two companies for a PO to actually be placed, but I genuinely feel like Hasbro hasn't made an effort to do so because I'm sure someone would have snapped up the chance by now.

...again only my opinion.
I believe it has to do with the language laws. Canada is a tiny market and it isn't worth the $ for a canadian retailer to get an exclusive.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping