Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 10:35 PM   #88
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
16 months!!?!? holy crap. I'd have been on his ass after 3 months. I don't know how this guy stays in business playing fast and loose with his business like this. There was a figure on there that he had for a decent price during the Black Friday week sales that I wanted to get, but I'm not taking ZERO chances despite people saying he does tend to fulfill in stock orders. I'd rather avoid partaking in the fiesta that is dealing with him and order else where even if I gotta pay a bit more.
I did email him a year ago, got the typical "still waiting for the product" answer. Which I believe, because the 2 items I pre-ordered are sold out everywhere. They are both supposed to be re-released, but keep getting pushed back (Entertainment Earth has them listed for Feb and March 2022 now, so hopefully soon).

Thing is, when I first pre-ordered them, the pre-order was for the initial release. He either sold my allotment to someone else or didn't get enough product in to fill the orders. Of course I had to find that out myself though. So he's had my money now for that long and I have nothing to show for it. I understand that supply is not reliable the past 2 years, I just don't trust that he will ever
a) ship my items when they finally do come in, or
b) refund me if the re-issue gets cancelled outright
I don't trust that he keeps track of these things, and that I'll need to follow up on it myself. So to save myself the worry I think I'll just find some in-stock items and move on with my life. Once they come in stock at EE I'll just order from there.

Thing is, there's very little in stock at NMC that I want, and anything I am mildly interested in is available for lower prices elsewhere.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping