ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #1124
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

691-2
Hasbro- Transformers Siege: Apeface.

Ok quick fun story about Apeface that I’m sure I’ve told in a previous review, but I don’t care. Way back in the magical times known as the late 80’s, The Transformers were struggling to stay relevant after killing off and bringing Optimus Prime back to life and introduced the new Headmaster and Target masters gimmick to the toys. For a couple of young impressionable Transformers fans like my brother and I, this meant a brand new selection of new toys to opine over in the Sears Christmas wishbook and made no secret about what figures we would love as Christmas gifts from our family. Our requests were simple of the two of the new Decepticon “triple changer” headmaster figures, my brother wanted Apeface and I wanted Snapdragon. Sounds simple right? As the big day grew nearer, my brother and I became more and more impatient with anticipation, but never would break the sacred seal of Christmas wrapping paper. That said we were not above tricks such as the seam peak and the bright light through thin paper ruse. Our hours of research yielded a hypothesis that perhaps our well-meaning Aunt, the one that got me a random Thundercat accessory when should could not read my handwriting asking for a ThunderClap GI Joe Vehicle, may have come through with the goods, but maybe messed up who wanted what. Finally our suspicions were validated when we opened the presents and did what could have been the quickest re-gift back to each other in gift giving history.

Pros: Certainly a lot to like about Apeface. Solid Robot and Ape mode, fun transformation, cool accessories, a good amount of articulation and a neat way to incorporate the headmaster in Ape mode.

Cons: The Jet mode is lacking in design and basically looks like a box with wings.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping