ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 01:14 PM   #612
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjieuks View Post
I checked out the Combiner Wars series on YouTube to see Wingblade in action and it is bad, like REALLY bad; makes me wish for the days of Energon and that is saying something. Sure, it’s nice that Hasbro developed a series to showcase these figures in action, but this looked like a poorly done student project. It’s a bit unfortunately given that The Transformers brand was built on cartoons and while I recognize that Rescue Bots and Robots in Disguise is a thing, it's really geared to younger kids. Is it too much to ask for a show as well produced as Transformers Animated?
I could not agree more. I suppose for better or worse, the movies became the new "cartoon" making it less important for Hasbro to put a bunch of money into cartoons.

I also watched about 30 seconds in total of Combiner Wars, Rescue Bots and RID and felt the same. The one outlier that I'm still behind on is Transformers Prime and from what I've seen its decent, but still probably does not hold a candle to Animated. There is also that new Netflix series that I guess is coming out eventually soon, so there is still hope! You can check out the trailer here:

https://youtu.be/KZRtbcB3XfA
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping