ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #351
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

191-2
Hasbro- Transformers Prime- First Edition Cliffjumper

So I’m willing to bet that you never knew that the ‘Brahma Bull’ himself, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson had ties to the Transformers and in the cartoon to boot! Yep, for what can only be chalked up to a favour from the Rock, Cliffjumper was initially voiced by the peoples champ himself. I suppose this is not that crazy when you consider that at the time the Rock was not nearly as popular as he is now and the part is very small seeing as Cliffjumper basically dies in the first 10 min, but I think it’s pretty cool nevertheless.

Pros: I have always loved Cliffjumper and feel that he is constantly overshadowed by Bumblebee so when it seemed as though Cliffjumper was getting more screen time in Prime I was pretty happy. Both modes are great and have his signature horns making it a nice nod to both his voice actor and G1 look. The sculpt of robot mode looks pretty spot on and his vehicle mode (with clear windows!!) looks to be a muscle car of somesort; perhaps a Dodge Charger? Like the other Prime First Edition figures, the Transformation is reminiscent of the much more challenging Revenge of the Fallen figures. He doesn’t come with any accessories, but his fists can flip around to reveal blasters; which is just as good in my opinion.

Cons: Overall the plastic feels very flimsy and extremely fragile, which is terrifying when transforming him. Also his chest doesn’t really “tab” into place very well leaving friction to hold into place.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping