ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 12:25 PM   #1344
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

821-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Loki

I thought I would use this Loki review to recommend the podcast NEWCOMERS to both you/your respective partners/family/friends if they are less than enthused about the geeky things that you enjoy in your life. The basic premise is that Comedians and actors Lauren Lapkus (The Wrong Missy, Jurassic World) and Nichole Byer (Nailed it, Grand Crew) are introduced to entire franchises that they have never seen before and provide their impressions and thoughts. They started with Star Wars then did Lord Of the Rings, Tyler Perry movies and now are knee deep into the MCU. And while I wouldn?t call it enjoyable (it?s actually super frustrating), it is interesting or rather eye opening on how some people view the things that I love. I know it sounds crazy, but some people did not get lost in Peter Jackson's Middle Earth Saga, or were down right annoyed at the pacing of The Empire Strikes Back, or even not absolutely charmed by Robert Downey Jr in the 1st Iron Man. Thankfully they are joined each week by a legitimate fan, or creator of the thing they are watching that can answer questions or set them straight, but this can come off a bit comic book guy-ish, so I?m glad it?s them and not me as trying to explain why certain movies are amazing to people who openly enjoy 90 Day Fianc?e is probably a losing battle. Anyway, it?s not something to take too seriously and might be fun for you to listen to.

Pros: Basically the same Loki figures that were released with Corvus Glaive except he had the Tesseract and this one has his helmet. I suppose I can?t get too upset for the basic repack as this one was for the Thor Ragnar?k movie and the two pack was for Infinity Wars, but it kind of feels like a cheat. Anyways, the sculpt is nice and I actually appreciate how well the helmet actually fits.

Cons: I get that Loki comes with a huge BAF piece, but having no accessories at all is a real drag on Hasbro?s fault. Like, where are his blades that he uses throughout the film?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping