ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 12:27 PM   #1345
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

822-2
Hasbro- Transformers Generations: Waspinator.

You know it's been a while that I’ve had this figure in storage when they have released a brand new version of it before I had a chance to open this one. And while I’m not actively collecting Transformers anymore, I am happy that Beast Wars characters are making a comeback because it was a legitimately good show. Sure, It took a while for me to see that (it wasn't until after Beast Machines that I started watching it) but once I got over the fact that Optimus wasn’t a Truck, I was able to appreciate the story that they were trying to tell. It’s too bad that since then, every iteration has been a G1 skin of sorts, however that might change with the upcoming live action movie featuring some characters from the Beast era.

Pros: As an adult collector The Beast Wars and Beast Machine figures were my first intro to the new style of Transformers and I was really impressed with how articulated they were given that a few short years prior they were basically bricks. That is all to say that updates of these classic characters are hard to match because the OG figures were decent in their own right. I suppose Waspinator is a character deserving of an update as his original figure didn’t match the show in the slightest and Hasbro was really able to create something that fans of the character would appreciate. Overall I think Waspinator is a solid figure that looks great in both modes, has a fun transformation and a weapon that can be utilized in both modes.

Cons: It would have been fun if they could have incorporated the head getting “blown up” troupe that he is known for, but that is just a minor gripe.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping