Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 01:41 AM   #6790
Eko123
Body without Organs
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Yes, Fan Channel is Toy Snowman, BBTS, Entertainment Earth, and the likes. Basically any small figure retailer (though BBTS and Entertainment Earth are by no means small). Toy Snowman is great, as are most other online shops in Canada (but stay away from NMCToys). You can search the various threads on this forum for reviews and feedback on which stores are best. Keep in mind, though, that most are run by one person, with maybe a few employees, so keep your expectations in check.

Amazon is generally not considered Fan Channel, though most, if not all exclusives these days end up only being exclusive for a limited time, after which any retailer who wants to can end up carrying them. However that usually doesn't include big retailers like Walmart who usually do their purchasing way in advance. Also, there aren't really any restrictions on third-party sellers putting whatever they want on Amazon's or Walmart's marletplaces. But their prices are usually much higher, so not a compelling option.
Whoops sorry...I accidentally deleted the message you responded to (I'm not very technical saavy lol)...but I think I understand now. Thanks for the clarification! I really appreciate it.

And yes, I've read all of the posts on NMC Toys, from whom I would never order.

What's weird though is that I think I actually purchased one of the last waves of Mattel's DC Comics line from him at a toy show years ago. Maybe I was lucky I didn't have any issues because I bought from him in person...but after hearing all of the horror stories from other people about dealing with him, I would definitely steer clear.

In the case of the recent X-Men 60th Anniversary exclusive sets and the Outback Rogue figure, the pre-orders are directly through Amazon.ca, not 3rd Party Marketplace sellers. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the Blob will end up being available on Amazon too, as it is still pricey to get it from GameStop even with the Platinum membership discount.

I already splurged recently to buy the entire Puff Adder wave and the latest McFarlane DC figures, so I don't mind putting off buying the Blob if it becomes readily available directly from Amazon down the road.

Last edited by Eko123; 04-02-2023 at 01:50 AM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping