ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #17
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: Marvel Legends 2012

Zola isn't actually out of scale (in general, though the scale varies pretty wildly). So ya, he is really small for a BaF, though I guess he uses some pretty unique parts, and I suppose if they have to make unique and new molds they're likely going to reserve that figure for a BaF. But honestly, other than the torso, I think Zola's parts could have been used for many normal sized characters, like say his legs for Ronan. Some also argue that casual fans wouldn't pick him up, but I say if they're willing to pick up someone like Klaw, they'll definitely go for Zola, who's basically a chunky robot. A running change to his Red Skull head would also have allowed the rest of the figure to be the appropriate black colour, rather than just being Zola with a Red Skull face. Either way, I'm hoping this trend of small BaFs doesn't last, even if it's for sought after characters that wouldn't normally make it into the line as a single carded figure, they coud always just be put in a two pack or something. I'd much rather large figures like Terrax (8"-10") and maybe even the occasional really big character like Fin Fang Foom.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping