ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 12:10 PM   #1818
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

1004-2
Hasbro- G.I. Joe Classified: Snake Eyes Origins: The Baroness.

*sigh*

Look, the figure is surprisingly good and if I’m being 100% second best of the movie line, next to Storm Shadow. That said, it does not exclude it for A. how disappointing the movie was and B. the haircut that they saddled this poor woman with. And despite my ‘ick’ with the over sexualization of toys originally meant for kids, Baroness specifically, this is just a BRUTAL choice for a character that is meant to have SOME sex appeal. I mean, I hate to say it, but this figure looks like a girl going through her “different” phase where she experiments with other girls and gives herself bangs just to break free from conformity and beauty standards that her middle class parents constantly push on her. I suppose this IS meant to be an origin story, but sweetie that look should be history.

In short- figure good, hair bad.

Pros: Look, I know it is clich? to love a woman for her body, but I’m just going to say it: Everything below the neck is great. The sculpt is nice, the articulation is decent and I love the weapons with the rifle being a very cool accessory. Hell, I even love how well her glasses fit.

Cons: Despite looking just like the character, that head sculpt is inexcusable. Who thought that should be the look for such a key character. Like, I’m surprised that Destro didn’t put the mask on her!

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping