ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 03:13 PM   #932
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

555-2
Hasbro- Transformers Generations: Orion Pax

This may sound a bit stupid coming from a fairly big fan of the Transformers, but I would REALLY like a more clear understanding of the Transformers universe. I’m good with the cartoons and movies, but I’m really lost when it comes to the comics, which is where a lot of these Generations figures are taking cues from. For instance, Orion Pax is supposed to be Optimus before he became Optimus, but I don’t recall this ever being a thing in the media that I’m familiar with. And it’s not like I have an issue with the idea of Prime having a life before leadership, in fact I think it would be a really cool series to do a G1 Prequel, but seeing as transformers seemingly live forever there it wouldn’t be much growth in the characters. I suppose it could be cool to see Orion Pax learning from Kup, but that would suppose all the current transformers are a lot younger than Prime and a bunch of older transformers died since he took over leadership which would make it very difficult to care about these characters.

Pros: Orion Pax is a really fantastic figure and one of the better transformers that I have opened in the last little bit. The design is great and actually looks like a younger version of Optimus Prime, the robot mode is nicely articulated that allows for a number of different poses, the transformation is fun and not too complicated and the vehicle mode has a nice Cybertronian design that looks enough like a truck. I also appreciate both the Axe and the blaster that are brilliant homages to the Generation 1 Optimus that we grow to love.

Cons: While I appreciate the weapon storage in vehicle mode, I wish it was something more than an axe and gun hanging off the side of the truck.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/UyfhrUKl.jpg[/img
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping