ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

Thread: Iron Man 2
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Iron Man 2

I plan on seeing the movie, maybe not opening week, but I'll see it. IM has never been big on my superhero radar (I'm more partial to th DC heavies and the X-men), but I think this second movie looks good. The trailer is better than the first IM movie. It's not that I didn't like the first IM movie, but I just felt it was sorely lacking, like it was only half a movie. Basically, the trailer showed everything. There was no point in seeing the movie after watching that trailer. However, I am hoping IM2 has much more to it (I suspect it does).

My other gripe with the first IM movie was the director. He just can't direct action. It looked pretty bland to me, so I'm hoping he's stepped it up since then.

The toys look fantastic. I plan on getting at least the first 3 Mark suits, and some of the baddies. Looking forward to having a mini hall of armour set up.

Okay, what's with Wiplash? I liked the clips of him in the movie, but he looks... retarded. I got the same impression of him that I got when I saw what they did to juggernaut in X3. Like I said, I'm not the biggest IM fan so I don't know the history very well, but most google images I found of Whiplash shows him looking pretty cool. Perhaps you don't see his real suit until later in the film.

» Action Figure Shopping