Thread: Iron Man 2
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
JSon
Dark Lord of the Sith
Re: Iron Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Okay, what's with Wiplash? I liked the clips of him in the movie, but he looks... retarded.
I really like the look of the new Whiplash, I just think that obviously he is not fit to fight Iron Man in that get up. Whiplash in the comics was (usually) literally a guy in a spandex outfit with a leather whip (no suit, no powers, no energy whips) so I can appreciate this version much more. The best version (and one of my favorite Iron Man villains period) is the Whiplash from Armored Adventures ( http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...s/whiplash.jpg ) who is just awesome, and obviously much more similar to the movie version.

I suspect in the movie Whiplash will put on a more advanced version of the suit we've seen in the trailer or (and here's where my imagination and theory run somewhat wild) he will develop a version of the Crimson Dynamo armor for the final battle. I think this makes a lot of sense because
1) His name, Ivan Vanko, shares the last name of the first Crimson Dynamo
2) We never see an image of him wearing that armor (or any at all) outside of the race track
3) The toy labels him as Ivan "Whiplash" Vanko on the packaging. Why not just label him Whiplash? Unless that want to have Ivan "[other nickname]" later. (I know, this one is a little shaky).

So this is just my wild speculation, if anyone else has thoughts or theories I would love to hear them
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping