ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #268
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

139-2
DC Collectibles- DC Bombshells: Batgirl.

***Sigh***

Sorry DC Collectibles, From this point on unless the Essentials really impresses me, or if the actually keep the Timm-verse line going, I am not spending ANY more money on your figures.

Why you ask?

Firstly, I’m pissed off about the Animated Justice League series being exclusive to the DC Streaming service. Not only is it a crock that I need to pay for opportunity to buy these figures, but as of the time that I’m writing this, the streaming service is not even available to Canadians; even if I wanted to buy them I couldn’t. I also hate that they are penalizing the local comic shops by taking them out of the equation completely; who do you think actually gets your stuff on their shelves in the first place?!?!

Secondly, they BREAK all the damn time with the latest being the tab on Bat Girls backpack. What's worse is that they have zero customer service outside of telling you to take it back to the LCS that you bought it from. I guess i’m supposed to get a replacement for a figure that was released a year ago with out issue?? RIght.

Thirdly, the old bait and switch BS that they pull. I had glowing reviews for the first series of Bombshells as all are fantastic, but it is clear that the second series was not given the same about of love (or money). Less impressive sculpts, limited accessories (including no other fists) and the worst offender, worse articulation including the very important thigh swivel… WTF DC!?!?

Pros: I love the overall look of Bombshells Batgirl and the figure captures it pretty well.

Cons: Broken tab on a useless backpack, no handheld accessories included and the lack of a thigh joint is really frustrating.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping