ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #304
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Ok, it’s been a few weeks due to some personal issues, but let’s see if we can ge this back on track.

156-2
Diamond Select- Marvel- Disney Store Exclusive: Dr Strange.

Only my second Diamond Select and it’s pretty clear as to why I do not collect these figures on the regular. I mean, it’s not a bad figure per se, but I would be lying if I said I was not disappointed. I suppose I shouldn’t be too mad as I was able to pick him on major clearance and there is some good stuff about him, but Thor set the bar pretty high.

Pros: Nice sculpt with the Dr Strange “classic comic” look. I LOVE the look of his cape with popped collar. The magic effect is nice and works surprisingly well considering that it looks like it’s missing a part. I also like how, for the cost, DS goes a bit further with including a really nice diorama stand.

Cons: ARTICULATION. Seriously, what is the f-ing point of having hip articulation if it is totally hindered by a soft plastic tunic. I get that it's a big part of the costum, but it totally ruins what could have been a great figure. Also, while I appreciate the extra head, there is zero context to it’s addition and it super difficult to change without thinking something going to snap.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping