Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 02:41 AM   #128
cobralegion
Decepticon
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Most of the Haslabs, and kickstarters/crowd funds, in general have what I call the "bump, slump & jump."

They all start with a bump in the first couple of days. Then they hit the slump in the middle where usually there is a slow addition. Finally in the last few days the jump where they add a lot more backers.

Ever since the Sentinel the Haslabs have had a pattern of a big bump at the beginning. Then a slow period in the middle and in the final days another large jump. They can vary, but recently a lot of them had a jump at the end of at least 8,000 backers.

I don't imagine that the Skystriker will be as big as those, but if it can get close to 7,000 backers before the final few days it should see another big jump due to FOMO. That will put it over the top for funding, and possibly even get them up to at least the first tier.

The Rancor is another story. There is no precedent for this Haslab. None of the Haslabs have ever lost this many backers during the campaign. They may have been slow, or had a blip here or there, but to lose hundreds of backers over the course of a few days is unprecedented. This flips the whole Haslab model on it's head for the first time. Cookie Monster is the only Haslab to fail and it was anemic from the beginning (in regards to backers). The Rancor got off to a good start, but has always lagged behind the other 2 projects the entire time. Now with the large number of cancellations there is real fear that it may not fund. I still think there will be enough to get it across the goal line in the end, but I can't be certain anymore.
Thanks canprime. Its interesting that so many people wait until the end. Hopefully it makes it for the people who want it and hopefully next time Hasbro spends a little more money to give Joe fans something special.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping