ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
pud333
Master of the Universe
Epic tales of success and failure!

So I figured it would be kind of neat to have a thread where people can boast of wicked finds in retail, or they can do the opposite, by bitching about how a search ended up in failure.

I went on a massive search today, because my girlfriend needs to learn how to drive, so we figured we could kill two birds with one stone: get her lots of driving time, and also hit up a bunch of stores. We started out from our home in Vancouver, went down to Richmond, then over to Surrey and back again.

I hit up three Walmarts, two TRU's, and one Zellers today. I was looking for various TF's, MU figures, XMO figures, Joes and SW Clone Wars toys. And guess what? I came up with nothing. Nada. Zilch. Absolutely nothing. The only thing I found were the new ROC two packs, but when I saw them up close, I didn't want them cause all I wanted was Monkeywrench and I didn't feel like paying $15 for him. Near the end, I got desperate and when I noticed unopened boxes, I had the staff open them for me and they turned out to be more of nothing!

Epic failure to the max. Well, I suppose it wasn't a complete failure, cause my girlfriend picked up legends Mudflap cause she loves the twins. But for myself, I got nothing. It's no wonder I stick to online stores. All I can say is: Grrr! Argh!
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping