ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 03:24 PM   #1523
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

S-40
Diamond Select- The Muppets: Dr Teeth and Zoot

In my review for Janice and Floyd Pepper I mentioned that I was in a few bands during my youth and shared details of my first one.

My second band was a bit more successful and enjoyable given that we were focused on music that we wanted to actually play. There were a number of iterations throughout the life of the band, but at the core it was myself on Bass, a Buddy on Guitar and a kid we found from an ad on drums (not even kidding about the kid thing. He was 16, but lied to us saying that he was 18. Not really a big deal considering that he was a really good drummer… A classic power trio not unlike pop punk bands like Blink 182 and Greenday. Over the life of the band we played a few shows, self recorded a demo, professionally recorded an album and another single and even filmed a video that was supposed to be used during the credits of a daily entertainment show, not unlike Entertainment Tonight, that was created, filmed and produced by the parents of our guitarist (nepotism at its finest). Unfortunately the suits at Global Media didn’t like the hard rock sound of the original song and later re-recorded it as a jazz/swing type number and our fleeting chance at fame was quickly extinguished. Incidentally I was also a featured regular on a weekly wrestling report on that same entertainment show. I played the mute friend who often got hurt or embarrassed by the host (the guitarist) and even wrestled with Diana Hart (yes, that Diana Hart) for a segment, but that is a story for another time (unless I already told it)

Pros: Again, lots to love with this Muppets release. Both Dr Teeth and Zoot have nice sculpts and a good amount of articulation to pose with their respective instruments. I also have to once again commend Diamond for making moving joints on such thin arms.

Cons: As with other of these Best of Series, the accessories feel a bit light for this set. Not sure what else could be included though.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping