ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #27
FrostBoy
Red Shirt
FrostBoy's Ebay Auctions
Re: Do you ever feel nervous walking into toy aisles?

I'm 38 and have been collecting since I am 26. Now I have already done many fringe type things in my life and collecting action figures is by far the most staid.

I have purchased from ebay, online stores and comic shops and specialty stores as well as major retailers.

If you're feeling nervous I would suggest buying online, it allows you to have the merchandise delivered and you don't have to deal with people.

Of course some people stare and some may find it strange, I know some of my friends find me kooky.

But the truth is I enjoy both my collection and the hunt for missing figures. Recently with Target moving to Canada and also having a Toysrus not too far from work or home is a big plus, so I've taken to hunting them down in person.

So rewarding when you find the figures you want like when I recently found the AIM soldier and there were several for me to choose from.

I don't share the fact that I collect with everyone, but I teach and don't let my students know but from what I see with them I've met people who collect cereal boxes, nail polishes, skin care, magazines, clothes, you name it!

We're all collectors of something now and if collecting action figures or toys makes you happy then I say go for it!

Discovering this forum has been a real boon for me as I can at least share with like -minded people.

Enjoy your collections everyone and don't let anyone try to take you down for it!
FrostBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping