Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 11:27 PM   #706
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I’m going to assume the $34.99. When I preordered mine I had to put $5 down, which I did not have to do when I preordered Thing ($29.99). I think $30 is the cut off for free preordering.
I would strongly encourage popping down the $15 for the Platinum Card and cozying up to the staff at your local EB. I’ve saved over $70 this year primarily buying Legends Figures and a few TFs. And now the staff literally calls me whenever they get a new case in, so I find it makes ‘the hunt’ a touch less annoying. I’ve got 2 TRUs, and 2 Walmarts in my town and still find it easier to get my figures at EB than the other two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Ultron, Ronan, Hulkbuster 2pk, etc are all exclusives in the US so will only show up at EB Games. Those others are general release so that's why they're showing up at TRU and WM too (although a bit sporadically). It's a bit confusing for the Anniversary Line because they're not consistent - some are general release, while others are exclusive to WM, TRU, Target and Gamestop.
I am just glad that EB Games is picking up most/all of the non-WM & TRU exclusives now. Imagine how much of a pain it would be to track these all down otherwise. And way more expensive! I used to order the Walgreens exclusives from the States but now am happy to save myself the hassle. My Edge card paid for itself multiple times already this year.
Thanks everyone. I did just that. I went to preorder it at EB Game and got an Edge card. I am still super puzzled by what is exclusive and what isnt. Does this mean we can expect Red Skull at Walmart? Or The Crossbones set at TRU? Or is it shared exclusives between each of them and EB?

And yes, I am very thankful that these are distributed in Canada in some shape or form. I of course would rather TRU due to their regular discounts and promotions, but being able to get them locally sure beats asking US friends and paying all that shipping.

My first love for toys is Transformers, so knowing that EB would get the walgreens stuff was really awesome.

Thanks again everyone!
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping