ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #924
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

549-2
Disney Toybox- Star Wars: The Mandalorian and The Child.

This is my first of many eventual reviews from the super popular Disney Plus Mandalorian series. I’ll eventually have a lot to say as I open up the assortment, but will just start with some simple opinions: I both loved and liked different parts of the series, I do not feel that The Mandalorian is the saving grace of the Star Wars Universe and I’m pissed off that some fans are using it to discredit the other movies. Fact is that I both love and like all Star Wars media and can appreciate that some of it might not meet my personal preferences; the key is to enjoy what you can and move forward from the stuff that you don’t.

Pros: Like most kids from the 80’s who were into Star Wars, I loved the look of Boba Fett and there is just something wired into my brain that this particular combo of shapes will bring me joy and this ToyBox version does a good job in capturing it. As with other Toybox figures, has a great stylized sculpt, a good amount of articulation that allows for a number of decent poses and a blaster that fits into the belt holster. The Child inclusion is nice too.

Cons: I realize that Toybox figures work on a typical budget and with a Blaster and The Child I’m sure he tipped that scale to the maximum amount Disney was willing to pay. That said, they have the ability to make bigger figures at a higher price point that I feel should have been used to include more weapons, fire effects, and a clear stand for the child. After all, it’s a MEGA popular character and fans will buy it.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping