ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #85
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

2-013 Hasbro- Transformers- The Last Knight: Hound.

Quick disclaimer: I have not seen the new Transformers movie yet. I would like to say it’s because I have been so busy that I just can’t find the time, but honestly I think it's Bayverse fatigue; I just don’t really care anymore. Not to say that it’s not enjoyable and others aren’t free to love it, but I just hit my limit. Unfortunately I think this also affects my collecting habits as I have really cooled in as far as Transformers mainline figures go. It’s partly due to the cost increase, but something that was so innovative and cool is now uninspired and boring. And before you give me the “it’s a kids toy, what do you expect” line I would like to present Revenge of the Fallen Leader Optimus Prime. What that movie lacks, the toys makes up for it tenfold. Masterpiece level design with a retail price tag; this was the pinnacle of the toyline ladies and gentleman; I suspect we will never see a figure quite like this at such a price point again.

So on that note; here is an alright action figure of Hound.

I suppose I can blame John Goodman for me picking this figure up because he is one of the biggest reasons why I like this character and in turn felt compelled to pick up the toy despite making that conscious decision to not buy any of the new movie toys. Its should be noted that his AOE version was also a favorite of mine and despite its flaws, remains as one of my favorites. Unfortunately TLK Hound just doesn’t really do it for me. Sure they somewhat represent his size better that the AOE figure, but the arsenal of weapons is pretty generic and the possibility is totally hindered by the fact that he can barely stand; so frustrating!

Hasbro also made the helmet removable which is kinda cool I suppose, but if you had asked me what was more important between a removable helmet or the ability to pose with out falling over, the later will always get picked, always…

Pros: It’s a pleasantly plump Hound.

Cons: Uninspired armory, hindered possibility, will fall over if you look at him funny and all for a inflated price.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping