ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 03:38 PM   #1488
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

S-31
Diamond Select- The Muppets: Professor Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker

I?m not sure that many people realize this, but before they bought Marvel, Star Wars and Fox, Disney bought the Muppets from the Henson?s in 2004. This likely just solidified the relationship between the two as there had been an ongoing partnership between the two featured in the Disney Parks in the form of the super fun, second 3D experience found at the Disney Parks named MUPPET VISION 3D. It made its debut in 1991 at the newly created Disney MGM studios in Florida which was the home to a number of other non-Disney IPs, which makes me wonder if the management of that time was keen on doing trial runs for certain media projects to see if they would be worth buying after. For instance at any given time, MGM Studios features content from the aforementioned Muppets, Star Wars, Indiana Jones (which are now all owned by Disney), but also The Twilight Zone, Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, MGM Studios, Narnia, The Pink Panther, Ace Ventura and even, EVEN, the characters from the Looney Tunes like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck (not even kidding, look it up). And while it?s unlikely that the WD would have ever given up their biggest cartoon characters, there is a world in which Disney bought out the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. How crazy is that?

Pros: Personal favorites, I am super happy with how these two turned out. Not only do they have fantastic sculpts and solid articulation, they also come with a LAB full of equipment for their various experiments. Love it.

Cons: Really nothing, I love this set.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping