ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 11:31 AM   #575
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

341-2
Jakks Pacific- Disney Afternoons: Launchpad McQuack

Rating of worst to best of the a the Pixar movies continued; see review 205-2, 219-2, 231-2, 240-2, 264-2, 270-2, 285-2, 292-2, 297-2, 303-2, 313-2, 320-2, 325-2 & 333-2 for the previous instalments:

6. Wall-E

Wall-E used to be one of my favorite Pixar films but as slipped recently due some gained perspective on my part. I will say that I still love the imaginative characters, the amazing visuals and rather unique and almost experimental storyline/screenplay that relies on visual storytelling over typical dialogue and it really works: audiences develop a bond with both Wall-E and EVE and are smitten watching their love story play out; it truly is real Disney Magic. BUT, and there had to be a but, this primary story is overshadowed by the subplot that led to the development of cute robots and subsequently my growing issue with the film. The Walt Disney Company is one of, if not the largest, consumable goods corporation in the world. Their very existence is now dependent on the sale of Disney branded merchandise that is made in factories across the globe with plastics, shipped to multiple retail outlets using carbon spewing boats and trucks and eventually thrown out into landfills when the next big Disney thing comes out. And while I’m sure that they have a small budget to fund seemingly altruistic “ecological based” initiatives it still has not slowed down the consumer sales. It’s almost akin to a Tobacco company running their own stop smoking ads. The irony that I am seemingly on a soapbox talking down to Disney on a review for another action figure, of which I have many, is not lost on me, but let’s face it, I’m not Disney. All that said, I understand that the world is what it is and Disney is a money making company and I am apparently a money spending consumer so unless someone stops, things are not going to change. But hey, at least we’ll have cake in a cup!

Pros: A character that bridges two of my favorite Disney Afternoon Cartoons together, Launchpad was destined to be one of my favorites of the line. He looks like he stepped right out if the cartoon with a beautiful sculpt featuring his trademark scarf and a decent amount of articulation as is standard on these Jakks Pacific figures.

Cons: I realize that he is a touch larger than the other Afternoon figures, but I wish they would have included an accessory given the price point.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping