Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #21
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Possibility That Target Will Look To Cease Canadian Operations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I'm sorry but that is incorrect, the Government would definitely have a say in ensuring that Wal-Mart didn't own too much of the pie, why else do you think they stopped Sobeys from owning too many Safeway locations? Trust me the government has a say in how retail store chains liquidate their assets to avoid monopolistic control.

I'm certain Target might try to close some locations, the least profitable ones, however I doubt they could just shut down piecemeal and sell off everything to Wal-Mart like that article is implying.

Target wants to close its stores because they are losing money then Target will close its stores because they are losing money. All of them if they want. What I'm saying is if there is no pie for Walmart to own to much of then the Government has no say.

Government might be able to stop them from selling to Walmart, but they don't have any control of the basic operations of the company. I don't know what Walmart would do with any of the Winnipeg locations anyway - maybe Grant Park doesn't have a nearby store, but the others all have an existing Walmarts within minutes of the Target locations.

As we see today, looks like it is a done deal.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 01-15-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping