ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #573
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

340-2
Hasbro- Studio Series: Bumblebee

Back when the live action Transformers was first announced there was a lot of rumblings and frustrations about the vehicle choices for some of our favourite characters and I feel that Bee was one of the more confusing choices. I mean, In the G1 era he was a yellow VW Beetle, likely earning him his moniker, which worked well as his role on the team. However in the Bayverse movies he got a bit of an ‘upgrade’ due to GM’s sponsorship, but it makes no sense whatsoever as a friggin muscle car. That said, I don't think there was even an option to match his G1 self as it was rumoured that VW would not lend its image to ‘war’ movies. I guess they have relented, probably after seeing how well these movies do and I for one am pleased given that part of the charm of the Bumblebee movie is his return to the VW Beetle.

Pros: This is really a nice looking transformer and definitely one of my favourite movie Bumblebee’s to date. He has a challenging transformation (that was made no easier with the instructions) but not frustratingly so and I love the extra accessories including the battle mask, blade and blaster.

Cons: He’s bit on the small size and for a figure this complex, the transformations become slightly tricky and I always think I’m going to snap something off.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping