ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #576
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

342-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Groot.

I’m continuing my multipart look as to why Starlord is NOT to blame for allowing Thanos’s rise to power as featured in the MCU Infinity War movie with today’s review. Have a look at review 338-2 and 339-2 for previous thoughts.

So now that we know the Xandarian’s had dropped the ball in protecting the Power Stone from Thanos, we can now look at the comedy of errors by the “Heroes” that were entrusted with the protection of the other stones as to how Thanos became the most powerful being in the universe.

2. The Space Stone (The Tesseract).
Potentially the most “on screen” stone in the MCU, it certainly has changed hands a number of times through the years and some of it doesn’t make sense. Called the space stone, it allows the user to basically “warp” from one area to another and would certainly be helpful to a Mad Titian who is wanting to collect stones scattered across the universe. Given that it was not entirely clear that the Tesseract was in fact the Space Stone until found in Infinity War, it is somewhat understandable that its holders did not know of its overall importance and power there for the protection was somewhat lax. That said, at any given time it was in the hands of Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, Captain America, Thor and even Loki at different times when he was good and bad, so would think that one of these heroes would have been able to protect this powerful artifact in some way or another.

Pros: I love Groot and if I’m being honest this figure was somewhat the driving force behind collecting the whole wave so I really have no complaints. Overall he has a nice imposing sculpt that gives him a good size as compared to his linemates, an excellent detailed sculpt and a solid amount of articulation for a tree. This is a prime example of what a BAF figure should be like.

Cons: Nothing as Groot has met all of my expectations of a BAF.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping