ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 06:11 PM   #580
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

346-2
McFarlane Toys- Fortnite: Inferno.

I have found that as a toy collector there are a few things that will lead to an eventual “all out” buying frenzy of a toy line. First is interest. The line needs to appeal to me in one way or another. Could be a movie, show, comic or video game, but also could be the look of a line that catches my eye, like these Fortnite figures. Second, there is availability. I have to make sure that I can easily get the figures as I do not want to spend extra (over retail) to complete a collection. Incidentally this is why I never got into the original Toy Biz Marvel Legends figures in the 2000’s, even after buying the chase Doombot figure from the first wave. Lastly is price. This is the one of the greatest determinators of going all in on a line, or simply a one and done like Mezco Batman.

I like the overall look of the Fortnite figures, they are literally everywhere in great quantities and a bunch popped up on a major sale after Christmas, so in short… I bought the entire line.

Pros: I picked up Inferno solely based on how cool he looked. I don;t know if there is a backstory with him or anything, but I have to assume that he is some kind of Business Demon or Fancy Devil. In any case, the sculpt from head to toe is great, has a good amount of articulation and comes with 2 handguns, a stylized building tool, a backpack and a stand.

Cons: Inferno has a soft plastic suit jacket torso that looks a bit bulky and while Macfarlane has come a long way with articulation I don’t love the ankle joints.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping