ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 03:26 PM   #340
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

184-2
Disney Toy Box- Pixar: Jessie

As of this writing the trailer for the new Toy Story 4 movie has dropped and while it’s cute and funny, I really have mixed feelings about it. Yes I love the Toy Story movies and yes I love to see these characters in action, but these Disney sequels/remakes are just getting to be a bit much. I’m really trying to NOT be the grumpy Gus who felt that everything was better in his day, but consider that since March 2016 4 of 7 animated releases for Disney/Pixar were sequels, 7 of 9 live action films were sequels or remakes or cartoons) and all 8 of the “in development” features (animated or live action) are not considered to be based on “original” content. And this doesn’t even count all the upcoming Marvel and Star Wars movies. I recognize that movie features are expensive and that sequels and remakes are a given, but for every Toy Story 4 there is less resources for another Wall-e, Zootopia or Coco and I’m certain that there is no lack of creativity left in the company, it's just being drained for more familiar and consumer tested projections.

In short, I like the sequels and remakes, but would prefer a better balance with more new content. Oh, and I also like this Jesse figure.

Pros: Like Woodle, is not hindered by hard plastic allowing for a good range of motion though decent articulation. Also comes with signature lasso rope and removable hat.

Cons: Not sure if it’s just mine, but the joints are really stiff and I’m afraid to move them too much for fears of breakage her hat also doesn’t stay on too well.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping