ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 07:54 PM   #1816
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

40-R
McFarlane Toys- Metal Gear Solid Series 1: Vulcan Raven

I’m a fan of video games. I love the idea of them, I used to play them all the time and I wish I had the time to devote to them like I once did. That said, I played Metal Gear Solid 2 back in the day and even bought the toys that were released based on the series, but I NEVER knew, until recently, the legends that it’s developer Hideo Kojima until just recently when the podcast “How Did This Get Played” started talking about his… genius? This is asked as a question, given that he is responsible for a massive amount of popular games, but he’s also a bit of an…interesting character. For example, a Kojima game will push the limits of the player and include a sometimes meta approach to playing (Including changing ports of a wired controller to complete a section of Metal Gear), but will also get a hyper sexed female character ready to be extremely inappropriate with the main character. Yin and yang I suppose. For the record I haven’t played anything of his outside of Metal Gear, but I think in a world of mega corps releasing games on the backs of nameless dev’s, it’s kind of cool to put a name and face to the digital art that you are experiencing.

Pros: Released in the middle of McFarlane’s golden age, Vulcan Raven is an extremely nice, movable statue. Yes there are some articulation points here, but that was never the goal on this fella. The name of the game was sculpt and paint and they nail it. Plus, look at that massive gatling gun/barrel accessory. Also, I love how toys used to come with unique stands.

Cons: I mentioned it already, but if you don’t like the pose that he is sculpted in, you are out of luck, because there is really nothing much you can do to change it up.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping