ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #627
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

379-2
Disney Infinity 3.0- Disney Classics: Alice

Rating of worst to best of the a the Pixar movies continued; see review 205-2, 219-2, 231-2, 240-2, 264-2, 270-2, 285-2, 292-2, 297-2, 303-2, 313-2, 320-2, 325-2, 333-2, 341-2, 347-2, 360-2 & 374-2 for the previous instalments:

2. Toy Story 2

It is interesting how some movies can have a lasting effect on a person. I’ve heard that after watching Jaws some people refused to go in the ocean, or after seeing Indiana Jones that some people decided to become archaeologists or even after seeing Fight Club, some middle aged teenage boys from the suburbs thought they were really hard done by. For me, that movie was Toy Story 2. Not nearly as cool, but life is funny that way. I was 20 years old when Toy Story 2 was released in theaters and had already been “collecting” toys for 4 year by that point. I was mainly focused on Star Wars, but started to pick up the odd other toy (McFarlane, Lego and Small Soldiers to name a few) that caught my fancy. And while I’m not 100% sure that I would have stopped collecting if I didn’t see it, It certainly didn’t make me want to stop, even 21 years later.
Now I can’t recall the build up to Toy Story 2, but I do remember being floored after seeing it. Sure toy collecting was a thing, but it was never really the subject of a feature film; I mean, normally the toys are based on the movie, not the basis of the movie. And while Al, the evil toy collector, was not shown in a particularly positive light, I did feel a certain affinity to his excitement after he found Woody at the yard sale. All us toy collectors know the feeling of finding something special that you have been looking for a long time. Outside of that, I still find the overall story quite fun and endearing and still think it holds up as one of Pixar’s best.

Pros: I have very little attachment to the live action Alice in Wonderland movie, but will again recommend people checking out the sequel Alice: Through the Looking Glass as it was pretty fun. That said, I think they did an AMAZING job on this Infinity Alice sculpt as it blends both the live action character and the cartoony look that Infinity was known for.

Cons: While I love the sculpt, I’m not sure that it is descript enough to really suggest that this is Alice from Alice In Wonderland fame. Maybe more like a Disney-bounding or a Cosplay situation.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping