ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #628
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

380-2
Hasbro- Transformers Generations: Thundercracker

Funny thing about this character. Way back in 2006 Starscream was released as part of the uber popular Classics line. Naturally, collectors wanted to expand their seeker collection immediately and Hasbro acquiesced to the fans desires, but pulled a sneaky on us when they opted to release Thundercracker, and other major characters, as part of a Botcon exclusive set in 2007 and I was pissed! I had been missing out on stupid exclusives for years and honestly think it is the WORST part of Toy Collecting. Thankfully, and not surprisingly, they eventually released the rest of the seekers, albeit years later and even years after that he will finally get to join his buddy on the shelf. It's just too bad that I waited so long as the mold doesn’t really hold up *SHRUG*

Pros: For a long time this was the best seeker mold as it offered a nice G1 look in both modes, a good amount of articulation and a fun transformation.

Cons: Two of my biggest issues are that in jet mode his undercarriage is boxy and just kind of open as it forms his chest in robot mode. Additionally his arm movement interferes with his back wing assembly and could have been on a hinge to allow for a better range of movement.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping