ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 06:09 PM   #630
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

381-2
Disney Toy Box- Star Wars: C3P-O & R2-D2

Rating of worst to best of the Star Wars movies continued; see reviews 215-2, 218-2, 221-2, 241-2, 245-2, 247-2, 266-2, 272-2, 293-2, 299-2, 321-2, 327-2, 348-2, 352-2, 354-2 & 375-2 for the previous instalments:

6. Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
The Ugly- For The Last Jedi, this shouldn’t be too much of a surprise, but I will start with some not so obvious things that I thought were bad, Firstly was how they used BB-8. The inclusion of droids in the Star Wars universe is typically a good thing and I loved BB-8 in The Force Awakens, but they just went a bit too far in TLJ. I was annoyed with his multiple arm/stop the leak schtick in Poe’s X-Wing, somewhat perturbed by his coin shooting action on Canto Bight and finally done after he quite literally took the controls of the AT-ST to save Rose and Finn. I know it was played for humor, but it just got to be far too silly for my tastes.
And on the topic of humor, I thought Poe’s opening telephone/mom joke with Hux was a terrible way to start the movie. I feel that a movie like Star Wars should be free of modern vernacular that we would use in our daily lives and it took me out of the story right from the jump. I’m not saying that this would have saved the movie, but certainly would have been a better start.
Lastly and probably not surprisingly, the “Leia Poppins” scene could go down as the most ridiculous looking Star Wars scene in all 11 movies…and that is including when Luke milked that thing. It is important to note that the actual reason why it happened is reasonable: Leia unconsciously using the force to save herself, but something about how it was shot just looked hilariously bad.
Pros: Hard to find a pair in current pop culture who is more iconic than C3P-O and R2-D2 and I am glad that Toy Box opted to release these two guys together. It’s difficult to tell which movie era these guys are designed from, but given 3P-O has all the same colour appendages, I would gather either ROTJ or ROTS; but I could be wrong as my knowledge of droid colouration is a bit rusty. In any case this is a fantastic set and a must for any fan as it would be a perfect addition to any work or home office as they both look great in the Infinity style. Outside of that C3P-O has an insane amount of articulation and can make some pretty surprising poses; probably more than any other 3P-O figure that I have ever had, and definitely more than Anthoney Daniels himself.
Cons: Even though I like these two, I feel that Disney is asking a bit too much. I realize that it’s a pair, but Artoo is not much more than a basic figure and there are no other accessories included. It's still a decent value, but still irksome.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping