ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 01:16 PM   #615
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

372-2
Hasbro- Transformers Reveal the Shield: Laser Optimus Prime.

Quick, somewhat relevant story about Robots in Disguise Scourge that was a basic repaint of the original G2 Laser Optimus Prime figure that was released back in the early 90’s. To set the stage, I was a massive fan of the 2001 RID series/toys and was completely crushed when I found out that Scourge, a massive figure throughout the series, was going to be a Toys R Exclusive. Nowadays the exclusives tend to make their way up to Canada, but back then I was never really sure and was really upset at the potential that I may not get this super cool figure. Thankfully my Brother in law was taking a trip to LA and was kind enough to pick one up for the 22 year old toy collector that was married to his sister; so insane that I even asked. At any rate, if memory serves Canada eventually got the figure, but mine was always a little extra special.

Pros: Due to his similarity to Scourge I was really looking forward to this figure and really still love the overall design in both modes. Transformation between modes is decent, articulation is good with bonus points for ankle tilts and I like that they included the sword from his G2 release.

Cons: Overall the mold has some inherent issues including some arm kibble from a poorly placed panel and the whole shoulder assembly is one piece so every time he lifts his arm the shoulder cannons tilt back too.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping