ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 03:19 PM   #559
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

329-2
Hasbro- Transformers Combiner Wars: Rook

Rook is a bit of a paradox to me as he represents both the bad and good about Hasbro’s figure choices. BAD because they again bucked tradition and opted to not produce a G1 accurate Defensor complete with the Motorcycle “groove”, but GOOD because they did go the extra mile by not simply throwing another Combiner Wars repaint into the group. It’s really just an odd choice as Rook is one of the more unique moulds of the Combiner Wars series, and even makes sense from a size perspective, but G1 fans would have probably preferred a Motorcycle.

Pros: Rook is a beefy figure that reminds me a bit of Animated/Prime Bulkhead, but in Protectobot colors. Both modes look good, the transformation is fairly simple and the robot articulation is as good as any of the other similar Combiner Wars figures. His tazer weapon is also a bit unique and fits (perhaps a bit too well) with his SWAT vehicle mode. Hopefully he is not as keen to use it on human protestors like some other law enforcement agencies as of late.

Cons: While I appreciate the simple transformation, it might be a bit too simple amounting to limit more than a shell-former. I also don’t love the lack of fist holes with which to hold his weapon with; I get that they were wanting to have the tazer as an extension of the arm, it’s just not my favorite look.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping