ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 04:40 PM   #1493
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

878-2
Toybiz: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers: Saruman the White

I could open Sarumans all day: I love this character, but unfortunately there aren’t any more on the horizon given that I think Toybiz only made two versions. If I had my way, I would have loved a superposable Saruman with a cloth cloak to allow for better poses, but alas it was not in the cards for him. Perhaps I can hope that Diamond comes through with a new version, but given how hard plastic is all the rage these days, I doubt that even an updated version will satisfy, but a collector can hope right?

Pros: Toybox shows once again a solid combination of function and fun that 2000s toys were known for. Solid sculpt with a good likeness, his trusty staff and the extremely desirable Orthanc stone featuring the evil gaze of Sauron’s eye that has a magnet in to sit in his hand.

Cons: Hard plastic strikes again given that is all but ruins any hope for lower body functionality and articulation. Also, and I’m not sure if this is due to age, or storage, but the cloak seems really greasy or oily once I took it out of the package.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping