ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 03:40 PM   #1497
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

880-2
NECA- Back to the Future 2- Marty McFly

I’m not quite sure if I can call this one a win yet. Yes the pics look ok and the figure IS decent, but the first go around with the figure resulted in a broken left arm right at the elbow joint. And while I should have known that this was a potential in any NECA figures, I thought the issue was only with the first Marty figure, of which I had no issues. Thankfully TRU has a decent return policy (for the time being) and I was able to get a replacement, but let this be a warning: if there is any question as to the stickiness of a joint, heat it up with some hot water. I took no chances with the replacement and worked pretty well. Not saying that NECA should have this issue, but I hate broken toys more than anything, so I’m willing to be a bit more careful.

Pros: I love these NECA BTTF figures because NECA does such a great job with the sculpt and accessories for these characters. Of course Marty from the future would look great with the futuristic outfit and inside out pockets. And you know they had to include the hoverboard and Pepsi that he discovered during his time there. Incidentally I love how they took out Mattel from the hoverboard and replaced it with NECA. Lastly, a nice touch was the clear stand to emulate the hover abilities of the board.

Cons: No way to sugar coat it: he broke; elbow snapped right off at the peg and needed replacement. This is my biggest issue with any figure that I have and while I understand things happen, it makes me VERY nervous considering some of these figures are not easy to replace. I also feel that the hover board stand could have been more stable.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping