ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 07:25 PM   #1498
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

S-33
Diamond Select- The Muppets: Statler and Waldorf

Anyone else have a weird love for the 80?s comedy ?Trading Places?? I was a little late to the party on it, but it truly has everything you would expect from a movie of that age: two famous comedic leads (Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd), a beautified up-in-coming leading actress (Jamie Lee Curtis), a fun storyline that takes place during the holidays, some minor, yet unnecessary nudity, a lesson in financial services and economics as related to trading commodity futures, some jarring racism and of course the comeuppance of two old rich white dudes. You know, all the good stuff. Anyways, the reason why I bring this old gem up is that the two old white men that are essentially the villains in this movie named Randolph and Mortimer always remind me of Statler and Waldorf. Now, I?m not sure that was intentional and I?d like to think that our beloved Muppets are not rich dirtbags, but they are both white, rich, wear suits, brothers and are kind of mean so perhaps there is a connection there.

Pros: Statler and Waldorf are the personification of all modern fandoms: highly critical, yet will always show up, which is why they are so relatable. Both feature a great sculpt, and enough articulation for all the poses you would want. The big story of this set is the theater box seats that they come with which includes some chairs for them.

Cons: While they are made to be able to sit, it?s a bit of a challenge to get Waldorf (shorter, bald with a mustache) to fit in his chair.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping