ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 10:46 PM   #89
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

2-016
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Whirlwind.

Much like Cottonmouth, Whirlwind is another character who I know nothing about, but unlike Cottonmouth he could not be mistaken for a 6” G.I. Joe figure, well at least not a figure from the 80’s; I’m sure you could make a case for a 90’s G.I. Joe Extreme Whirlwind figure, but he certainly fits in better as a comic villain.

There is surprisingly a lot to like about this figure, despite his unknown reputation, and I’m happy that I eventually picked him up. First, let's talk fashionable boots. I assume that his legs are shared with the Captain America figure in this wave, but I really like that folded boot look. Call me old fashioned, but it reminds me of old golden age comic heros, not unlike what Jack Kirby probably first intended. Secondly let's talk accessories: two removable sawblades that fit nicely on his wrists and are a perfect addition. Lastly, headwear. I’ll just say it, I love his helmet. Sure it’s not removable and hinders movement, but with the excellently sculpted eyes and mouth it's hard to imagine that there isn’t a full face under there.

Pros: Nice costume details with usable accessories and a great helmet.

Cons: Another unknown character used as a line filler.

Team Jetfire is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping