ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #205
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

094-2
DC Collectibles- Batman The Animated Series: Manbat.

I’m not going to bury the lead on this one, when I first saw Manbat I had some high hopes and was disappointed with the end product when in hand.
Let's start with the good. Manbat is a very ambitions figure with an impressive wingspan that gives the figure a lot of presence. I also appreciate the sculpt, as with the other DC Animated figures, looks like he came right out of the cartoon.

Now the not so good: Outside of a ball style shoulder joint there is really no articulation on either pairs of the wings/arms. This isn’t a huge deal on the extended wings, but would be nice if there was some available movement with the smaller wings. Also the rest of the articulation is basically limited to his hips, knees and a calve swivel which unfortunately is loose as hell on mine making any pose without a stand basically impossible. And don’t even get me started on the stand…. DC Collectibles, if you are reading (and I know you are not), while I appreciate that you included a stand, I just wish that you would make them better; not unlike Radioactive Man’s Goggles: these do nothing… Lastly the accessories are, how do I say this? Pointless. 3 pill bottles and a cassette tape. Can he hold the pill bottles? Nope! Is there some place to store them? Heck no! Are they ridiculously small and easy to lose? You betcha. Look, I love the show accurate accessories in this line, but I'm willing to bet that any fan of the character would much prefer a figure whose neck was articulated to allow him to look up while flying around using them huge wings then a few throw away accessories.

Pros: Really nice sculpt and ‘Impressive wingspan!’ - Ham from Toy Story

Cons: limited articulation, loose joints, terrible stand and pointless accessories.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping