ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #209
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

096-2
Hasbro- G.I. Joe Retaliation: Cobra Combat Ninja.

Isn’t the term “Combat Ninja” a bit of a overstatement to describe what they are. I mean, Ninja’s by definition are somewhat combat savey and you would expect any Ninja to be a combat Ninja right? That said, there is really not much to this figure that screams Ninja; He’s in head to toe combat fatigues, has a riot helmet and balaclava, comes with an arsenal of machine guns as well as a RPG mounted on a tripod, but does have that katana sword so he must be trained in the Ninjitsu arts? And why we are on the subject, where is Cobra getting all these Ninja’s? Do they train them in house? Are they considered less of a Ninja because they are trained by Cobra (kinda like a barista from Starbucks is looked down on from ones that train for years) and if it was this easy to fill up a brigade with Ninja’s why would they not just make EVERY Cobra soldier a Ninja?
Ok, perhaps I’m reading too far into it, but maybe Hasbro should stop slapping Ninja on everything just to make a figure sound cooler to someone who grew up in the 80’s is completely predisposed to love it, despite the fact that it is barely a Ninja.

Pros: Great arsenal full of different weapons, multiple hears and helmets, Nice touch of a Cobra Flag.

Cons: No storage for all the weapons and the stand for the RPG is super loose.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping