ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 12:19 PM   #210
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

097-2
Playmates- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- Nickelodeon Raphael

Whoa, Ninja theme, told you that as a kid from the 80’s I have a thing for Ninjas.

It is hard to believe that the “new” Nickelodeon TMNT series was first released in 2012 and we are now on the cusp of another animated series (that looks... interesting). I actually really enjoyed the Nick series and plan to eventually watch through all the seasons when it hits my streaming service of choice.
I’m not sure I mentioned this in an older TMNT review, but I’ll just say it again: growing up, I was never able to get a “normal” turtle figure back in the day. I either had to settle for a secondary character or one of the Turtles in a weird costume. Seeing as I was not interested in ‘Touchdown Tossing Leonardo” ( A real thing) I typically opted for the coolest secondary characters I could find. And while I do begrudge my Foot Solder, LeatherHead, or personal fav Yusagi Ugimbo, I would have really loved at least one of the main four as they were meant to be. Why do I bring this up? Well, last week while checking out my local Wal-Mart I was surprised to see 4 of the basic assortment of the turtles on the shelves; how great is that? Although I think the new releases are a big different (have pupils) but still think it is pretty cool. This set was purchased when they first came out, all those years ago.

Pros: Nice set of weapons reminiscent of the old school figures with the weapon pack, A sculpt and skin tone that is special to Raphael, including a little crack on his chest plate, and costs nder $10 which is great considering Hasbro’s new crazy prices.

Cons: Cool poses are somewhat limited due to sculpt and articulation.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping