ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 05:05 PM   #341
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

185-2
Hasbro- Sigma Six: Snow Snake Eyes & Timber

I’ve made my opinion known on snow based figures in past reviews, but for those who are not in the know, I love ‘em. Call it national pride, call it love of the overall esthetic, or call it favoritism given that as a kid I would always emulate the “snow guy” when playing outside because it always seemed to be snowy 6 months of the year, I just gravitate to these types of figures.Unfortunately Arctic Snake Eyes just does not hit the mark for me. Thankfully that Sigma Six figures are a bit like pizza: even when they are bad, they are still pretty good.

Pros: First and foremost the inclusion of Snake Eyes’ wolf partner is a pretty great addition to the Sigma Six world and something that I really appreciate. Other accessories are pretty cool in principle, but are not well executed. As with other Sigma Six figures he has a good range of motion with decent articulation.

Cons: While I appreciate his snowboard it just doesn’t work well with the figure. I think the issue could be that it is too small for his height which causes his feet to be too close together and him to just look a bit funny while shredding the pipe. Doesn’t really help that his articulation doesn’t really allow for that kind of leg movement, but I digress; I’m sure a kid would still love it. I have some other minor issues with the hard plastic vest that gets in the way of his head and the rather odd cloth mask that just looks a bit weird while he’s wearing it. Last issue is with Timber; overall really well done, but Hasbro elected to give him (her?) simple swivel joints rather than ball joints for the shoulders and hips. While I understand that it would have probably looked too bulky, it would have given the opportunity for a wider stance and better possibility.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping