ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 04:43 PM   #1272
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

770-2
Toybiz- Lord of the Rings- The Two Towers: Ugluk

You may recall Ugluk here from one of the early scenes in the Two Towers as part of the Orc pack running with a captured Merry and Pippin to Isengard. Being the Uruk-hai Chief, he was tasked with ensuring ?strong morale? by ensuring that meat was ?back on the menu? once again for his boys. I think this is him anyways; the package isn?t exactly clear and lets be honest, a lot of the Orcs look the same. In the instance that this is in fact the speaker of the well known quote, I just want to heap some praise on some of the supporting actors that really made the Lord of the Rings movies so epic. Yes the main cast was fantastic, but they are only heroic because they have a worthy opposition. Also, kudos to Toybiz for going deep on each of these releases. I?m not kidding when I say that Ugluk has more detail and better paint than 95% of all Marvel Legends releases.

Pros: These old Toybiz figures continue to impress. Ugluk has an amazingly detailed sculpt that is completely unique, fantastic paint job with some washes to bring out the detail, 2 accessories including his whip and Orc sword and even a decent amount of articulation to allow for some fun poses. Considering this thing originally retailed for $10-$15 I?d say it is really impressive.

Cons: Understanding that full articulation is normalized at this point, it still feels that this guy is a bit lacking. I also realize that this is a toy, but the push tab in the back along with the subsequent whipping action is annoying.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping