ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 07:19 AM   #3
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: US Comic Book Shops vs. Canadian Comic Book Shops

Yeah I've noticed this at a lot of comic shops I have frequented over the years. They seem to keep piling in stock with no desire to sell old stock. As well the desire to maximize shelf space usually means traffic flow suffers greatly.

I have seen 15+ year old product sitting on shelves (not desirable product) for full price at some stores. I don't know if that is due to bad business decisions, or just a lack of awareness about their inventory, but that is just insane (unless you are a store that specifically sell retro of course).

However I guess that is just a natural extension of a business that caters to collectors. It becomes a vicious cycle of having to bring in the latest products collectors demand/want, but then being stuck with, or unwilling to liquidate, product that doesn't sell. Eventually you see these stores become commercial "hoarders" for lack of a better term.

That of course also doesn't take into account the storage/warehouse spaces some stores keep as well for all the product they can't keep on premise.

I can't speak to the US since I can't remember the last time I went into a comic book shop there, but these are my observations here over the last 30+ years.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping