Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #1275
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Understandable if the neighbourhood is getting sketchy. Purolator needs to invest in getting more small businesses into being drop points in areas where actual Purolator depots are far away.

I had someone recently do that with my hydro bill, they opened it, wrote down the amount they paid for it, then i guess realized it was the wrong bill, sealed up with tape and dropped it in the mail. Unfortunately the bill remain unpaid when I checked lol

I used to have an arrangement with my local post office that they would never bother sending a package out for delivery to my house, as I'm rarely home when they deliver and I don't want them leaving the package on my step. The PO is close enough I don't mind driving over to pick up if they just leave me a card.

That changed about a year ago, and when I asked them about why, they said Amazon is pushing them to deliver to the actual address so that it can be recorded as delivered and they meet their delivery time estimates. So that means leaving it on a porch no matter what. They suggested signing up for a FlexDelivery address. It basically lets your packages get delivered to the PO instead of your house, then you can pick them up yourself. And it's free:
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/per...xdelivery.page

I signed up and it's cleared up any worry about packages getting left on my step now. Not sure if you'd be able to use the address for courier deliveries though. I'd assume probably not, since they might deliver outside of the PO opening hours. But works good for any Canada Post delivery.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping