ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 02:07 PM   #523
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

299-2
Disney Toy Box- Star Wars: Chewbacca

Rating of worst to best of the Star Wars movies continued; see reviews 215-2, 218-2, 221-2, 241-2, 245-2, 247-2, 266-2, 272-2 & 293-2 for the previous instalments:

7. Solo- A Star Wars Story
Finally out of the prequels and into the better stuff and while this is really a matter of opinion, I really do feel that the prequels are at the bottom of the Star Wars pile. Not to say that they were bad, in fact I just spent a number of reviews explaining how I like a good portion of them, but it really is difficult to put into words how the entire vibe of Star Wars changed for the worse after the Prequels. To be honest, it was not unlike what happened post “The Last Jedi” in terms of fan backlash which leads me to the next movie on the List: Solo. Probably the most disappointing film based on actual box office numbers and while Disney certainly did not do itself any favors by releasing it so close to TLJ, I feel that history will be kind to Solo as I think it ages fairly well. I mean, it’s a simple heist movie set in the world of Star Wars, what's not to love? I mean, still quite a bit, but I’ll get into that over the next 3 reviews. I’ll leave it at that, but will implore you with the following: If you have not seen it you really should. Overall it’s a fun stand alone movie that adds some more depth to the Star Wars universe and feels a lot like an EU novel you really do not need to put too much stock into.
Pros: Chewbacca is one of those figures that is really made for the Toy Box. Great stylized sculpt, unhindered articulation that allows for a number of poses and 2 accessories that fit the character perfectly. If you are looking for a toy fro your desk, look no further!
Cons: His bowcaster is a but difficult to get into his hand, but that is a minor quibble.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping